Agile Delivery Manager
Recast is a direct-to-customer social video platform with big plans to revolutionise the sports broadcasting landscape. Our first goal is to bring the sports and Esports that fans love directly to them, with no monthly subscription. Not only that, they'll earn for watching and sharing content on Recast.
Recast make it easier for fans to find the content they enjoy and will give personalised access to live streams and official highlights.
You may fulfil a Scrum Master or Project Manager role, or you may be a Business Analyst looking to make the switch to Project/delivery Management. You have first-hand knowledge of iterative development and the software development lifecycle. You are searching for somewhere you can really grow your career by enabling software teams to deliver effective systems to benefit users, partners and internal stakeholders.
As an Agile Project Manager within Recast’s Engineering department, you will be responsible for ensuring that the projects undertaken by our software developers, engineers and QA are delivered on time, efficiently and to specification.
What you’ll do
- You will be logical and organised in your approach to problem solving.
- Schedule development projects based on available resource and competing priorities
- Help clarify requirements and remove blockers for the delivery team
- Plan and coordinate the creation and maintenance of in-house tools
- Balance day-to-day support tasks with ongoing development commitments
- Report project progress and escalate issues where necessary
Your excellent communication skills will be put to use in connecting stakeholder requirements to the development team, as well as understanding and the wider priorities of the department. You will be required to facilitate meetings with developers and senior management teams throughout the company, so your ability to communicate empathetically and accurately between technical and non-technical staff at all levels of seniority will help you excel in this role.
- Experience as a Project Manager, or equivalent, in a technical environment
- Practical knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Exposure to different project management methodologies
- A track record of gaining the respect of delivery teams, and building empathetic trusting relationships with them
- Experience of using Agile project management software (such as Trello, JIRA, Asana) and general tools (G-Suite, Microsoft) to
- improve the delivery of projects.
Nice to Have
- Experience in a support or customer service role
- Experience working with teams and stakeholders spread across multiple locations
- Full-time position in central Edinburgh
- Salary £45-55k dependent on experience
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- £500 annual training budget
How to Apply
Tell us a bit about you, why you think you are suited to the role and what you think are the key challenges to delivering a high quality web-based, mobile-first sports video app.
Prepare your CV and a cover note (optional) and apply HERE
NO RECRUITMENT AGENTS PLEASE
We don’t use any automated filtering systems - all applications will be reviewed by a member of the hiring team. We welcome covering letters if there is anything you would like to expand upon.
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to everyone with individual feedback. We aim to review applications and interview promising candidates quickly, and will generally get back to you within 1-2 weeks if we plan to progress your application.
We are committed to eliminating discrimination and have a commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion in the workplace. All applications are treated with the utmost respect and are reviewed without bias towards gender, race, religious preference or disability.