Senior Commercial Manager
Recast is a subscription-free, live and on-demand streaming platform which gives Fans easy and affordable access to the sports and entertainment they love and pays Publishers for every single view, with up to 85% of all income generated going to them directly.
Recast is already available in 88 countries and has over 150 channels ranging from British Fencing to Manchester City FC and World Curling, with a steady stream of new channels coming onboard.
The team at Recast are Driven, Resilient and Transparent. If these values resonate with you then keep reading!
Reporting to VP Commercial, the Senior Commercial Manager will be responsible for generating rights holder interest on Recast’s next gen content monetisation platform.
You will be responsible for utilising existing and new relationships to build a target list, present the Recast solution/capabilities to market, and close rights holders (content creators, social media influencers and media/entertainment personalities) by getting them to setup channels on Recast. Once channels are established, you’ll be responsible for working with the Partnerships Team to support our partners and put content action plans in place to exploit the Recast model and enable partners to monetise content (both VOD and Live Events) effectively on a pay-per-view basis.
You’ll be an organised communicator, with acute presentation and people skills. You must be comfortable working in a start-up environment and entrepreneurial minded in the sense that you’ll be tasked with building and closing a book of business. On top of that, you’re expected to be able to delegate across various sectors of the business that are needed to support the commercial success of our partners.
You will ideally have at least four year’s business development and/or sales experience in the entertainment industry – if the candidate has complimentary experience in a product/tech led business that would be looked at as a plus, but not required.
Ideally you will have your own network and be able to hit the ground running, being able to reach out and connect with potential partners for Recast.
What You'll Do
- Work with VP Commercial to define a plan to hit quarterly revenue goals and KPI deliverables (overarching quarterly revenue goals to be set by CEO)
- Work with the Partnerships Director and Partnerships Management team to make sure rights holder obligations are fulfilled daily
- Independently put a plan in place to penetrate the market via defined territory and “rights holder” buckets Build out sales pipeline per rights holder bucket, focused on outreach/leads and converting through various stages of the sales cycle (pitch/contract/onboarding)
- Rights Holder outreach and market development via Recast education and market positioning process
- Facilitate and book meetings with rights holders - Idea is to develop relationships, set meetings, and present pitches independently or alongside VP Commercial (when necessary)
- Help to Identify and develop larger strategic conversations with the VP Commercial
- Revenue generation via pre-existing business model and strategising with VP Commercial to identify new revenue opportunities and upsell any “deemed appropriate” to existing client base
- Full-time contract, Edinburgh, Hybrid work environment with an anticipated 2-3 days a week in the office
- Salary £45-60k dependent on experience
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- £500 annual training budget
- Life Insurance
NO RECRUITMENT AGENTS PLEASE
We don’t use any automated filtering systems - all applications will be reviewed by a member of the hiring team. We welcome covering letters if there is anything you would like to expand upon.
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to everyone with individual feedback. We aim to review applications and interview promising candidates quickly, and will generally get back to you within 1-2 weeks if we plan to progress your application.
We are committed to eliminating discrimination and have a commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion in the workplace. All applications are treated with the utmost respect and are reviewed without bias towards gender, race, religious preference or disability.