Digital Product Owner
Recast is a direct-to-customer social video platform with big plans to revolutionise the broadcasting landscape across sports and other verticals. Our first goal is to bring the sports and Esports that fans love directly to them, with no monthly subscription. Not only that, they'll earn for watching, sharing and creating content on Recast.
Recast will make it easier for fans to find the content they enjoy and will give personalised access to live streams and official highlights, whilst sharing content with their community.
We have built a sizeable team of highly-engaged and talented people to help us deliver our vision of fairness and transparency for content creators and consumers.
You’re a digital product owner with experience with analysing and specifying needs and requirements in an online product and taking responsibility for the success of the product delivery. As an early hire in an early-stage startup you’ll need to be comfortable working quickly and enjoy taking ownership of your work and building good relationships with members of the dev and delivery teams across the business
You’ll be joining a fast-paced, good-natured team at the early stage of building something amazing. Our management team has a wealth of experience and we’ve secured significant funding. For the right person this is a great opportunity to get in early doors, hone your talents on some big challenges, and learn and grow with the company.
What You’ll Do
- Take ownership of one or more of our digital applications, driving the scope, prioritisation and success metrics of the product(s)
- Research, specify and plan development on the platform to drive relevant success metrics such as conversion funnels, retention and revenue:
- Work closely with design, analysis, development and QA to ensure the vision for the product is achieved
- Own and contribute to the design, specification and build process for all user stories in this area of the product
- Communicate with the wider business on the roadmap, prioritisation and scope of all product updates in a clear and concise manner
- Work closely with the Product Director and other product owners and analysts to align the business delivery across multiple products and assist in managing dependencies.
- Occasionally apply your creative mind to whatever activities the business requires
Skills, Experience, Attributes
- At least 4 years experience around delivery of online platforms, apps and or websites
- A keen understanding of UX principles and conversion
- Proven ability to drive best value from customers
- You’re naturally a lateral thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to articulate the rationale behind your work
- Both excellent attention to detail and an eye for the big picture
- Always learning and hungry to improve
The Nice to Haves
- Understanding of agile methodology
- Some experience in optimization or A/B testing
- Some work experience at a startup or agency side is great
- Full-time position in central Edinburgh
- Flexibility in working hours and WFH
- Salary £45k-£60k depending on experience
In addition to a generous salary, and the opportunity to work with a great team on interesting challenges, we offer the following incentives to help you get the most out of working with us:
- Unlimited holiday
- Flexible working
- £500 annual training budget
In addition there’s the regular get-togethers and all-round camaraderie you’d expect from a start-up.
How to Apply
Tell us a bit about you, why you think you are suited to the role. Prepare your CV and a cover note (optional) and apply HERE
We don’t use automated filtering systems - all applications will be reviewed by a member of the team. We welcome covering letters if there is anything you would like to expand upon.
Unfortunately we are unable to respond to everyone with individual feedback. We aim to review applications and interview promising candidates quickly, and will generally get back to you within 1-2 weeks if we plan to progress your application.
We are committed to eliminating discrimination and have a commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion in the workplace. All applications are treated with the utmost respect and are reviewed without bias towards gender, race, religious preference or disability.