Senior Systems Infrastructure Engineer
Remote candidates are considered but there is preference for those that are able to come to the office 1-2 days a week.
Salary: £75k-£90k DoE
Recast is a subscription-free, live and on-demand streaming platform which gives Fans easy and affordable access to the sports and entertainment they love and pays Publishers for every single view, with up to 85% of all income generated going to them directly.
The team at Recast are Driven, Resilient and Transparent. If these values resonate with you then keep reading!
Our management team has a wealth of experience - our CTO Chris Stafford was the Technical Co-Founder of FanDuel, our COO Colin McCleod has previous leadership roles at Disney and Fox in the UK, and NBC across the EMEA region, and our CEO, Andy Meikle previously founded and led the popular sports site Sportlobster. Launched onto the market in 2021 and currently in beta, Recast is headquartered in Edinburgh with a staff of over 50, and has raised £15m investment to date.
For the right candidate this is a great opportunity to play a significant part from our early stages, to hone your talents on some big challenges, learn and contribute to the growth of the company.
About the Role
Recast’s Infrastructure team develops and supports the infrastructure responsible for running the Recast platform. You’ll be joining the team at a time when our user base is scaling rapidly and will be solving the substantial technical challenges that come with exponential usage growth.
As a senior technical member of the team, you’ll have a strong voice in how the team operates, on the technical approaches used and will be responsible for owning tasks from beginning to end. You'll also be working closely with our development teams.
Some of the team’s recent work:
- Defining our EKS (Kubernetes) cluster deployment process with the aim of improving this process by implementing automation.
- Implementing security scanning tools such as TFSec, Prowler and AWS Config to provide us with a clear picture of potential security vulnerabilities with our infrastructure.
- Beginning to implement a new solution for gathering metrics and logs to help increase observability across the platform.
Your Skills & Experience
If you are missing some of the skills or knowledge listed, but you believe you can bring a unique skill set to the role, please apply. Tell us where you are strong and where you might need help or time to learn.
Specifically you will be working with the wider team to:
Support the development team by developing infrastructure to build, test and deploy new services and features Manage the platform and ensure uptime, high security and responsiveness as we rapidly scale Work with Engineering management and the team to help manage AWS costs
You will have the ability to:
- Implement solutions in AWS using Terraform using AWS products such as; S3, ECR, RDS, Cloudfront, Elemental Media, Lambda and whatever else is required to deliver Publisher content to our customers
- Ensure we are meeting our infrastructure SLOs and security targets.
- Develop a comprehensive logging, monitoring and alerting solution, using tools such as Prometheus, Grafana and the ELK stack in Kubernetes/AWS.
- To maintain and enhance our managed Kubernetes clusters for both development and production, ensuring that they stay available and are able to scale to meet our needs
- Assist in defining and creating an automated process for deploying Kubernetes clusters for version upgrades and the creation of new environments
In addition, you will be working with our developers to:
Manage configuration as required for new services and features across all environments Quickly deliver comprehensive development and testing environments
- Full-time contract
- We operate a hybrid working model, with a flexible split between remote/home working to suit each member of staff
- £75k-£90k DoE
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- £500 annual training budget
- 30 minute initial interview with our Lead SRE
- 120 minute interview comprising of:
- Technical scenario questions with our Lead SRE and another member of the development team
- Discussion around your previous experience and time for you to ask any questions with our Lead SRE and another member of the development team
- 15 minute interview with our CTO/Recruitment lead
NO RECRUITMENT AGENTS PLEASE
We don’t use any automated filtering systems - all applications will be reviewed by a member of the hiring team. We welcome covering letters if there is anything you would like to expand upon.
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to everyone with individual feedback. We aim to review applications and interview promising candidates quickly, and will generally get back to you within 1-2 weeks if we plan to progress your application.
We are committed to eliminating discrimination and have a commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion in the workplace. All applications are treated with the utmost respect and are reviewed without bias towards gender, race, religious preference or disability.