Recast is a direct-to-customer social video platform with big plans to revolutionise the sports broadcasting landscape. Our first goal is to bring the sports and Esports that fans love directly to them, with no monthly subscription. Not only that, they'll earn for watching and sharing content on Recast.
Recast make it easier for fans to find the content they enjoy and will give personalised access to live streams and official highlights.
The controller will, initially help structure the Finance Department to internalise the financial accounting which is currently outsourced in-house and prepare it for rapid growth over diverse geographies. The Finance Department will handle legal entity accounting, tax, managerial accounting, and oversee all of the financial activities of the company. The controller will manage and supervise all aspects of accounting from payroll to tax compliance. They will report to the FD and will assist with the development and implementation of financial systems, processes and internal controls to support a rapidly growing business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of accounting; billing, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax, revenue recognition, and various special analyses
- Maintain documented system of accounting policies and operations
- Work closely with the IT development team to ensure that the Recast platform is integrated with the accounting platform and financial and tax processes are automated
- Oversee payments of all accounts; ensuring all accounts are paid on time
- Process accounts and collecting payments
- Oversee all payments made for debts, bank loans, etc.
- Monitor cash and funding balances
- Keep an organised filing system of all accounts, statements, transactions, payments, and debts
- Prepare and organise financial statements for record and review
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports
- Manage the quarterly/annual budgets and forecasts
- Advise on financial analyses and decision-making regarding capital investments, pricing, contract negotiations, significant costs, benchmarks, and other matters
- Organise information and statements for external auditors
- Define, benchmark and implement operational best practices
- Tax and financial reporting compliance
- Ensuring company complies with all additional legal and regulatory requirements
- Additional controller duties as needed
- Prior experience as a Financial Controller, preferably in a start-up, highly IT automated environment
- 5+ years of experience in field
- ACCA / ICAEW / ICAS / CIMA qualified preferred
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and UK GAAP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- M&A experience a plus
- Knowledge of employee equity compensation programs
- Understanding of different legal and multinational entity structures
- Exhibit background in dealing with direct and indirect tax implications of complex events/activities
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- Attention to detail
- Full-time position in central Edinburgh (2-3 days a week in the office)
- Salary £45-60k dependent on experience
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- £500 annual training budget
How to Apply
Tell us a bit about you, why you think you are suited to the role. Prepare your CV and a cover note (optional) and apply HERE
NO RECRUITMENT AGENTS PLEASE
We don’t use any automated filtering systems - all applications will be reviewed by a member of the hiring team. We welcome covering letters if there is anything you would like to expand upon. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to everyone with individual feedback.
We aim to review applications and interview promising candidates quickly, and will generally get back to you within 1-2 weeks if we plan to progress your application.
We are committed to eliminating discrimination and have a commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion in the workplace. All applications are treated with the utmost respect and are reviewed without bias towards gender, race, religious preference or disability.