Recast is a direct-to-customer social video platform with big plans to revolutionise the sports broadcasting landscape. Our first goal is to bring the sports and Esports that fans love directly to them, with no monthly subscription. Not only that, they'll earn for watching, sharing and creating content on Recast.
Recast will make it easier for fans to find the content they enjoy and will give personalised access to live streams, official highlights, and the best fan-generated content, whilst creating and sharing content with the community.
You’re an experienced Infrastructure Engineer, able to manage your own time and work effectively in a fast-paced development environment. You will be joining a growing engineering team with a wealth of experience. We are open to applications from anybody with a couple of years or more of experience, as long as you can demonstrate that you have a reasonable level of knowledge and ability in the areas listed below.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced, good-natured team at the early stage of building something amazing. Our management team has a wealth of experience and we’ve secured significant funding. For the right person this is a great opportunity to get in early doors, hone your talents on some big challenges, and learn and grow with the company.
What you will be doing?
You will be helping us to deploy our microservice-based API onto the AWS-managed Kubernetes platform, and manage integrations with a wide selection of AWS Video and content delivery services. Specifically you will be working with the wider team and our Consultant Infrastructure Engineer to:
- Help the development team build, test and deploy new services and features
- Manage the platform and ensure uptime and responsiveness as we rapidly scale and roll out to new regions
- Work with the engineering management and AWS advice to help manage costs
What skills you will need?
If you are missing some of the skills or knowledge listed, but you are generally a good fit, please apply anyway. Tell us where you are strong and where you might need help or time to learn.
Our micro-services API is written in a mix of Typescript and PHP, and delivered via AWS Managed Kubernetes. You will be working on:
- Maintaining our managed Kubernetes clusters for both development and production, ensuring that they stay
- available and are able to scale to meet our needs
- Working with our data developers to maintain and scale our Aurora-based databases and Redshift data warehouse
- Using Terraform to maintain our video delivery platform, which uses MediaLive, MediaPackage, MediaConvert,
- MediaStore, S3 and Cloudfront to upload, process and deliver video to our customers
- Managing our growing suite of Lambda functions which deliver server-side rendering and access control
In addition, you will be working with our developers to:
- Expand and improve our continuous integration and deployment tools which are currently using Github Actions
- Manage config as required for new services and features across all environments
- Quickly deliver comprehensive development and testing environments
The team is spread across the UK and Poland, but all team communications and documentation are in English, so you will need to speak and write English to a professional standard. You will need to communicate effectively within the technical team and across the wider business.
Salary : £45-70k DoE
This is a full-time position in central Edinburgh. We are mostly remote during the current situation, but as government advice changes we anticipate the role being office-based 2-5 days a week. You will also form a key part of our operational support rota
We hope that the self satisfaction you get from working with us will outweigh any side line offerings we make but we hire the best to be the best and in order to maintain your ‘mojo’ we offer the following incentives:
- Unlimited holiday
- Flexible working
- £500 annual training budget
In addition there’s the routine get-togethers and all round camaraderie you’d expect from a start-up.
How to Apply
Tell us a bit about you, why you think you are suited to the role. Prepare your CV and a cover note and apply HERE
No recruitment agents please.
Due to the wealth of candidates, we’re unfortunately unable to respond to everyone with individual feedback. Should you not hear from us within the next 2 weeks then we’re afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
We are committed to eliminating discrimination and have a commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion in the workplace. All applications are treated with the upmost respect and are reviewed without bias towards gender, race, religious preference or disability.