Junior QA Tester
Recast is a direct-to-customer social video platform with big plans to revolutionise the sports broadcasting landscape. Our first goal is to bring the sports and Esports that fans love directly to them, with no monthly subscription. Not only that, they'll earn for watching, sharing and creating content on Recast.
Recast will make it easier for fans to find the content they enjoy and will give personalised access to live streams, official highlights, and the best fan-generated content, whilst creating and sharing content with the community.
You’re a recent graduate or junior tester with a passion for making software better, able to manage your own time and work effectively in a fast-paced development environment. You will be joining an experienced development team, working alongside the lead tester, tasked with ensuring our product is the best it can be. We are open to applications from recent graduates and anybody with at least a year or so of experience, as long as you can demonstrate an interest in software and a desire to improve and maintain software quality.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced, good-natured team at the early stage of building something amazing. Our management team has a wealth of experience and we’ve secured significant funding. For the right person this is a great opportunity to get in early doors, hone your talents on some big challenges, and learn and grow with the company.
What you will be doing
You will be working with the whole technical product team to ensure that our app works correctly and delivers the service our users and publishers need. Specific things you will be doing include:
- Work with the product team to ensure that requirements are clear and testable
- Analyse requirements and write tests for core features
- Raise and track issues in our bug tracking system, managing your workload of testing new features and retesting bug fixes
- Work with the development and infrastructure team to understand the current state of work
- Provide feedback and work with other team members to refine and improve processes
What skills you will need
If you are missing some of the skills or knowledge listed, but you are generally a good fit, please apply anyway. Tell us where you are strong and where you might need help or time to learn.
Our app is currently entirely web-based, and optimised to run as a PWA on mobile devices. It is a complex app using a range of fairly recent web APIs and features. We are in the process of optimising for other platforms such as desktop and set-top devices. In order to help us develop for this environment you will need:
- Experience with functional testing of user facing applications, particularly web-based applications and live services
- A knowledge of common tools and techniques for debugging and monitoring web apps
- Some understanding of the compatibility issues across multiple browsers and versions, and how to test across them
More generally, we like to see:
- Creation of new test frameworks to support feature development
- Exposure to implementation of test automation practices within an Agile delivery process, including automated UI and API testing
- Exposure to working in a Scrum-based development environment
- Ability to rapidly understand and question requirements to formulate tests scripted and non-scripted test approaches
- A knack for finding and describing problems and strong attention to detail
- A functional understanding SQL, able to run queries and interpret data
- Exposure to video and/or money-based platforms would be nice to have
The team is spread across the UK and Poland, but all team communications and documentation are in English, so you will need to speak and write English to a professional standard. You will need to communicate effectively within the technical team and across the wider business
This is a full-time position in central Edinburgh. We are mostly remote during the current situation.
- Salary £19k - £22k dependent on experience
- Company pension
- Generous & flexible holiday allowance
We are committed to eliminating discrimination and have a commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion in the workplace. All applications are treated with the upmost respect and are reviewed without bias towards gender, race, religious preference or disability.
How to Apply
Tell us a bit about you, why you think you are suited to the role and what you think makes a brand successful across their digital channels
Prepare your CV and a cover note and apply HERE
NO RECRUITMENT AGENTS PLEASE