Editor - esports
Recast is a direct-to-customer social video platform with big plans to revolutionise the sports broadcasting landscape (followed by e-sports and music). Our first goal is to bring the sports and Esports that fans love directly to them, with no monthly subscription. Not only that, they'll earn for watching and sharing content on Recast.
Recast will make it easier for fans to find the content they enjoy and will give personalised access to live streams, official highlights, and the best fan-generated content, whilst creating and sharing content with the community.
Reporting to our VP Operations you will be joining as our first in-house Editor. You will work directly with Right’s Holders to help deliver and develop engaging content.
What you’ll do:
- You will work with all Recast esports channel partners to develop and deliver highly engaging, customised live and non-live content to drive user sign-up, engagement and retention and to develop commercial opportunities on the platform
- You will make key editorial decisions about Recast’s esports vertical
- You will agree an annual sports editorial calendar with each key Recast channel partner, review as necessary to hit targets
- You will work with the partnership team, and if necessary the commercial team, to ensure channel partners deliver the necessary content to the platform according to their editorial calendar
- You will support channel partners when required to produce the necessary content - in-house or through third party production companies or using freelancers
- You will work closely with the marketing and customer success teams to build, evolve and amend editorial calendars to hit targets
- You will manage an esports editorial team as it develops within the business
- You will help to evolve and will respect editorial guidelines and standards
- You will work closely with all Recast vertical editors to maximise user engagement and retention across the platform
What you'll bring:
- A passion for esports and gaming in general with a demonstrable appreciation of esports culture and community
- Experience in esports content development/production and digital publishing.
- Demonstrated experience in managing people, growing teams, and developing a team culture.
- An ability to work closely with partners demonstrating executive presence, empathy and judgement
- A desire to work in a team environment, contributing to the rapid development of the Recast business, the platform and its content proposition
- An appreciation of startup culture and the enormous opportunities
- Full-time position in central Edinburgh (we have adopted a hybrid form of working and anticipate this role being in the office 3 days a weeks)
- Salary £35-£55k dependent on experience
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- £500 annual training budget
NO RECRUITMENT AGENTS PLEASE
We don’t use any automated filtering systems - all applications will be reviewed by a member of the technical team. We welcome covering letters if there is anything you would like to expand upon.
We are committed to eliminating discrimination and have a commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion in the workplace. All applications are treated with the utmost respect and are reviewed without bias towards gender, race, religious preference or disability.
Due to the wealth of candidates, should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of application we're afraid you have been unsuccessful.