Head of Product
Recast is a subscription-free, live and on-demand streaming platform which gives Fans easy and affordable access to the sports and entertainment they love and pays Publishers for every single view, with up to 85% of all income generated going to them directly.
Recast is already available in 88 countries and has over 150 channels ranging from British Fencing to Manchester City FC and World Curling, with a steady stream of new channels coming onboard.
The team at Recast are Driven, Resilient and Transparent. If these values resonate with you then keep reading!
Reporting into the Product Director, you are an experienced product leader who has either headed up a product team or acted as a senior product owner and is ready to take the next step. You will have extensive experience with analyzing and specifying needs and requirements in an online product and taking new product scope from ideation to market launch, being responsible for the success of the value delivery. You are able to shape the product strategy to ensure it is world class and aligned to the goals of the business as a whole.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced, good-natured company at the early stage of building something amazing. Our team has a wealth of experience and we’ve secured significant funding to grow our team and build a revolutionary sports and entertainment platform.
For the right candidate this is a great opportunity to play a significant part from our early stages, to hone your talents on some big challenges, learn and contribute to the growth of the company.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the Product Director to help drive and shape and delivery of the strategy for relevant elements of the Recast product set.
- Assume full ownership of our digital applications, leading the scope, prioritization and success metrics of the products.
- In association with other relevant departments, help lead the research, specification and planning for product deliverables to drive relevant success metrics such as conversion funnels, retention and revenue.
- Work closely with the Product Director, align the business delivery across multiple products and assist in managing dependencies.
- Communicate product development across the business and externally for marketing purposes, as agreed with internal communication strategies.
- Ensure the Product development pipeline aligns with the overall business strategy agreed with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Lead and mentor the team of Product Owners in the delivery of all Product developments, as well as helping them improve individually to meet their ambitions and those of the business as a whole.
- Ensure that good data is at the heart of all decision making and inspire this thinking throughout the Product team.
- Direct the use of experimental optimization techniques to prove hypotheses on product changes.
- Review and drive continuous improvements to the planning, scoping and prioritization processes to drive efficiency in the delivery of change to the Product.
- Work closely with the CTO and Technical leads to ensure that what is built is robust, resilient and engaging.
- Build strong relationships with the leads of all business verticals and work with them to drive relevant client and user input, quality and efficiency of delivery into the products
- Communicate with the wider business on the roadmap, prioritisation and scope of all product updates in a clear and concise manner
Skills, Experience, Attributes
- Ideally 6 years experience around delivery of online platforms, apps and/or websites
- Ideally 2 years in a senior or lead product position accountable implementing process improvement to product specification, strategy and approach to affect positive outcomes to efficiency and effectiveness of Product changes
- Proven experience delivering aligning product strategy with overall business goals
- Experience in A deep understanding of design, content and engineering practices
- A detailed understanding of UX principles and conversion
- Proven ability to drive best value from customers
- Ability to upskill on the details of all products efficiently and build a deep understanding of the current and future scope
- Experiences and understanding of agile methodology
- Experience in optimization or A/B testing
- You’re naturally a lateral thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to articulate the rationale behind approach and prioritisation across all areas and levels of the business
- Both excellent attention to detail and an eye for the big picture
- Always learning and hungry to improve
- Some work experience at a startup is preferable
- Full-time contract, Edinburgh, Hybrid work environment with an anticipated 2-3 days a week in the office
- Salary: £65- £80k DoE
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- £500 annual training budget
- Life Insurance
- Share Options
NO RECRUITMENT AGENTS PLEASE
We don’t use any automated filtering systems - all applications will be reviewed by a member of the hiring team. We welcome covering letters if there is anything you would like to expand upon.
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to everyone with individual feedback. We aim to review applications and interview promising candidates quickly, and will generally get back to you within 1-2 weeks if we plan to progress your application.
We are committed to eliminating discrimination and have a commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion in the workplace. All applications are treated with the utmost respect and are reviewed without bias towards gender, race, religious preference or disability.