Recast is a direct-to-customer social video platform with big plans to revolutionise the sports broadcasting landscape. Our first goal is to bring the sports and Esports that fans love directly to them, with no monthly subscription. Not only that, they'll earn for watching, sharing and creating content on Recast.
Recast will make it easier for fans to find the content they enjoy and will give personalised access to live streams, official highlights, and the best fan-generated content, whilst creating and sharing content with the community.
You’re an experienced QA tester, able to manage your own time and work effectively in a fast-paced development environment. You will be our first QA hire, but you will be joining an experienced development team, and we anticipate making more hires over the next 18 months. We are open to applications from anybody with at least a year or so of experience, as long as you can demonstrate that you can rise to the challenge of being the go-to person for all our QA needs.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced, good-natured team at the early stage of building something amazing. Our management team has a wealth of experience and we’ve secured significant funding. For the right person this is a great opportunity to get in early doors, hone your talents on some big challenges, and learn and grow with the company.
What you will be doing
You will be working with the whole technical product team to ensure that our app works correctly and delivers the service our users and publishers need. Specific things you will be do include:
- Work with the product team to ensure that requirements are clear and testable
- Create and execute manual test plans to ensure the app continues to work correctly, and that new features work as intended
- Work with the development and infrastructure team to understand the current state of work, set up test environments and resolve issues
- Build automated tests of core features to make regression testing and cross-browser testing easier and more accurate
- Provide feedback and work with other team members to refine and improve processes
- Evaluating existing test automation frameworks as to their efficiency and suitability
What skills you will need
If you are missing some of the skills or knowledge listed, but you are generally a good fit, please apply anyway. Tell us where you are strong and where you might need help or time to learn.
Our app is currently entirely web-based, and optimised to run as a PWA on mobile devices. It is a complex app using a range of fairly recent web APIs and features. We are in the process of optimising for other platforms such as desktop and set-top devices. In order to help us develop for this environment you will need:
- Significant experience in function testing of user facing applications, particularly web-based applications and live services
- A knowledge of common tools and techniques for debugging and monitoring web apps
- Some understanding of the compatibility issues across multiple browsers and versions, and how to test across them
More generally, we like to see:
- Creation of new test frameworks to support feature development
- Exposure to implementation of test automation practices within an Agile delivery process, including automated UI and API testing
- Exposure to working in a Scrum-based development environment
- Ability to rapidly understand and question requirements to formulate tests scripted and non-scripted test approaches
- A knack for finding and describing problems and strong attention to detail
- A functional understanding SQL, able to run queries and interpret data
- Exposure to video and/or money-based platforms would be nice to have
The team is spread across the UK and Poland, but all team communications and documentation are in English, so you will need to speak and write English to a professional standard. You will need to communicate effectively within the technical team and across the wider business
This is a full-time position in central Edinburgh. We are mostly remote during the current situation.
- Salary £25-35k dependent on experience
- Company pension
- Generous & flexible holiday allowance
How to Apply
Tell us a bit about you, why you think you are suited to the role and what you think are the key challenges to ensuring quality in a web-based, mobile-first sports video app.
Prepare your CV and a cover note and apply HERE