How can I get the Recast app icon on my home screen?
To maximise value for fans and rights holders our app is not in the App Store or Play Store. But you can still add our app to your home screen so it behaves just the same.
iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch
- First of all make sure you have created an account (to do this visit the.recast.app and tap 'Sign up')
- Launch the Safari browser on Apple’s iOS and navigate to the.recast.app
- Tap the Share button on the browser’s toolbar (The rectangle with an arrow pointing upward. This can be found on the bar at the top of the screen on an iPad, and on the bar at the bottom of the screen on an iPhone or iPod Touch).
- Tap the Add to home screen icon in the Share menu.
- You will be prompted to name the shortcut (Recast) before tapping the Add button. The shortcut can be dragged around and placed anywhere, including in app folders — just like a normal app icon. When you tap the icon, it will load the website in a normal tab inside the Safari browser app.
- First of all make sure you have created an account (to do this visit [the.recast.app]((https://the.recast.app) and tap 'Sign up')
- Launch Chrome for Android and navigate to the.recast.app
- Tap the menu button and tap Add to home screen. You will be able to enter a name for the shortcut (Recast) and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.
- The icon will appear on your home screen like any other app shortcut or widget, which you can drag around and place wherever you like.